Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday in the Garden

 

This is going to be a short posting today.

Clematis_Purpurea_plena_elegans
Clematis Purpurea plena elegans

Daisy_Crazy_Dazzy
Crazy Dazzy grown from seed.

Hydrangea
Hydrangea Dwarf Forever Pink before it changes colors.

Hydrangea_Royal_Red
Hydrangea Royal Red, not so much. Smile

Veronica_Lilac_Fantasy_Catherine
Veronica Lilac Fantasy starting to bloom
Thanks Catherine for the seeds again!

Succulent_Redcobweb_HC_Blooms
Blooms on the Red Cobweb Hens & Chicks

Petunia_RedPicotee
Red Picotee Petunias from seeds

Petunia_DoubleBurgundy_Cascades
Double Cascading Burgundy Petunias from seeds

Monarda_Purple_Rooster
Purple Rooster Monarda- Bee balm just starting to bloom

Monarda_Beebalm
Pink Monarda – Bee balm

Achillea_Yarrow_Oertels_Rose
Achillea Oretels Rose yarrow

One sad fact to note is that the Butterflies and Bees are very scarce this year. It is not do to a lack of flowers for them.

WoodlandBed_June26
The lilies in the Woodland bed are really starting to bloom now.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend,

Happy Gardening,

Lona

10 comments:

RURAL said...

You have a great weekend also...

I know I've said it before...but your flower shots always make me add new plants to my must have list..that's a good thing.

Jen

Nadezda said...

Lona, nice bloomimgs!
I love your hydrangeas- both, green and pink! Mine are in buds now, wait for flowers, Also monarda, lovely flowers, I love to put some leaves in teapot, wonderful smell.
Have a nice weekend!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Beautiful blooms as always. I am sorry you aren't seeing many bees or butterflies. I've heard others say the same thing.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

RobinL said...

I've had a LOT of bees of all kinds, and the butterflies are just starting. I don't usually see too many until the butterfly bush blooms. But I've seen swallowtails and hairstreaks so far. The hummers come every day, I love that!

Linda said...

Lovely photos.

Gatsbys Gardens said...

I do not have any lilies blooming yet but lots of buds. It has been an unusual spring and summer, some of my plants are early and some previously early are later!

Eileen

Jan said...

You have a gorgeous variety here Lona--now I might need to go out and search for more! However, I've overspent the budget for this summer; maybe in the fall?! I'm sorry you're not seeing many bees/butterflies; I've heard that from a lot of people. I seem to have a good amount here and I've got hummingbirds flitting about, as well. Weather probably has a lot to do with it... It has been very rainy here for weeks so that might not really be the issue. I hate knowing how many bees are being killed on a regular basis--all the articles people share about big companies spraying needlessly is very upsetting :(
Anyway, have a nice 4th! I'm sorry I've been a blogging stranger. I haven't been making blog-rounds in months (years) like I used to. I've waxed and waned in that department :( Glad you're still out there so I can visit when time permits! ((I may copy & paste that last paragraph so I can attach it to all my old friends' blog posts when I make the rounds!!) LOL.

Patsy said...

I think your flowers are beautiful. Thanks for your comment to my dizzy blog.

Balisha said...

Even a short post is beautiful from your garden. Bees in scarce supply here too.
Balisha

Anonymous said...

I never knew you had so many beautiful Monarda varieties Lona. LOVE that pink one ~ surprise, surprise!!
I don't have many bees or butterflies here either. :(
I would think if they were around, they'd be in your garden!