Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mystery of the Gladiolus ??


Now where did that Gladiolus come from???

For the last seven years this beautiful Peach-Orange
Gladiolus has been coming up and blooming.
I do not know where it came from since I have
not planted any Glads. It is never dug up in the fall
yet it survives the winter and comes back up
every Summer. Are there hardy Gladiolus?
Did an animal bring it in or did it come in with
another plant that was bought and planted?
Maybe a Fairy planted it?
It is a mystery but a very welcome and beautiful one.






Does anyone have any answers???

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty! I DO like a good mystery. I'd like to vote for the fairy, but it was more likely the work of a squirrel or something. At least they brought you a gift instead of removing it from you garden. Silly beasts. You gotta love a free flower!

The Hunky Gardener said...

It was probably a sneaky gnome. The nice ones often play such tricks. Great blog!

Lona said...

Hunky Gardener.
Hey, I like the gnome idea. I forgot how sneaky they can be and they do tend to travel around.
Lona

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I know this is an old post, but I had to comment! The glad is just gorgeous. I'm surprised to find that glad's are tender in some places! I've read this over and over online, and I live in NE Ohio - not incredibly far from you, and they are very hardy here. As a matter of fact I just planted 60 of them in my front yard this year!