Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Lily Fest 2014

My daughter and I attended Lily Fest this month. Since we did not attend last year we wanted to go see if there was anything different.
There was some beautiful blooms to be sure and some great exhibitors this year. We could tell that the gardens had lost some plants over the winter just like our gardens here.

Here are a few pictures from our visit this year.

IMG_0006
There were no plant markers on any of the lilies so I do not have the names of any of these beauties below.

LF Burgundy

LF Peach2

LF Mustard

LF Pink

LF Pinks2

LF Red

LF Portrait

LF Rust

LF Vibrant

LF White

LF Yellow2

Lily Fest Reds

LP Peach

LF

IMG_0032

IMG_0072

 

LF Pickerel Rush Waterplant

Pickerel Rush Water Plants growing in a little pond. I would love to have one for my little Pump water pond.

IMG_0060
Lace cap Hydrangea

LF Monarda2
Jacob Kline Monarda Bee balm

LF Desk2

Plant in  an old desk for something different to hold your containers …

LF Book
Plant in a book… I love how this looks, but I love books more I fear than to tear them up……….

LF Purse
But I would not think twice about planting in an old purse.

IMG_0008
I loved this Begonia but I always drown them so I will enjoy looking at other gardeners Begonias.

IMG_0053
Every time we attend Lily Fest I always have to snap lots of pictures of the pond full of Lotus blossoms. I just love these beauties.

IMG_0048

LF Fringe Tree2
Bottle Brush Tree ?? The fragrance of these blooms was divine.

LF Flamingo
I have to admit I am not a fan of fake Flamingoes, in fact I hate them.They just do not do the beauty and color of  live Flamingoes justice. This funny one did nothing to change my mind. LOL!

LF Mushroom
And one very large Toadstool was growing in the garden. Being interested in junk gardening and reusable’s we had to look it over good to see how it was made. LOL! It is made from a wood porch column and a Paper Mache top covered with a red plastic table cloth with white dots painted on it.

LF Wheelbarrow
A very patriotic  wheelbarrow.

LF Wood Carvings
Just one of the Artisans booths of many on the grounds that had their wood carvings on display.

Everyone have a wonderful week and…

Happy Gardening,

Lona

 

Technorati Tags:

7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What fun you and your daughter had at that festival.

The lilies and other flowers are gorgeous.

Have a great day ~ FlowerLady

Patsy said...

I love lilies, thanks for the tour. I enjoyed it very much.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Thank you for sharing. How pretty those blooms are and a few fun pieces too!

Indie said...

How fun! I wish they had the names of those Daylilies - I am in the market for the perfect pink daylily for my front yard, and I loved a couple of those! I, too, would hate to tear up a book for a plant container. I often see Christmas ornaments and other art made out of book pages, but I'm a little too fond of books to bring myself to tear one up! Those Lotus blooms are Gorgeous with a capital G!

Nadezda said...

Interesting trip to the fest Lona!
Lovely lilies, can't chose but perhaps the third photo I liked the most. Also lotus is wonderful I'd love this one for my pond, but winter....

jerilanders said...

You visit the best places! I agree with you on the flamingo's I once toyed with putting some vintage metal ones in my garden but quickly discarded THAT thought! Can you imagine Flamingos in Tennessee?! The dayliles are favorites and we've begun to plant more and more each year... they are so reliable.

RobinL said...

I always look forward to the Lilyfest. Well, to your version of the Lilyfest! I could nearly swoon from scrolling through all those colorful lilies. Wow!